Christmas is almost knocking at the door. It’s the happiest and most celebrated occasion without any doubt. Regardless of being religious or not, everybody is looking forward to a good holiday season with their friends and families.
One of the biggest parts of the celebration contains purchasing gifts for your loved ones. The gift items might vary from a pair of boots to hair clips, foods, working instruments, computer accessories, clothing and what not? When the idea of a gift is to make someone happy, it can be practically anything!
So it doesn’t matter what is your business type or whatever you are selling, there will be someone interested in your products as a gift. Its your job to encourage them about it.
To give you a head start, we have compiled some ideas that will help you to generate more sales leads this Christmas!
In the Covid 19 affected universe, it’s more likely that online sales will (and it already started since halloween) receive a big boost. Ordering online, and receiving products via home delivery is the new thing. So make sure you are having these things in mind while trying to make your online store provide a more convenient experience to the customers.
Providing Gift Ideas to your website visitors
In many cases, a good idea can generate a good lead. You need to showcase your products in a proper way so that the customer or website visitors think that that, ‘’hey this can be a good gift!’’
For example, you can create product suggestions based on age, gender, sex, product type, price etc. This will definitely give a positive user experience to your website visitors.
Also you can always show pop up messages about special discounts or special offers on those products. This will also help to increase the conversion rates.
Making Payment method safer & more convenient
This year, to face the special circumstances due to the outbreak of covid 19, ordering and paying online will be the most popular way of shopping, that is without any doubt. Make sure your payment methods are up for the challenge. It should accept all the approved payment methods. At the same time it must be well secured.
Try to include as many payment methods as possible. It is always better to make your Christmas deals available to a maximum number of people.
On top of that, its always best to make your website ready for customers. Regardless of festival times or not, a smooth uder experience is what a website visitors deserve. Also it helps you to rank higher in google and get more customers. Learn about the website optimization services and do not fall behind your competition.
Encouraging them to buy gift cards
Gift cards are another great way to present someone with a gift. They have always been popular. Especially in those cases when you are not sure about what to buy but still you want to buy a gift.
With the development of virtual gift cards, its even more convenient to sent it to your loved one within the shortest possible time. It can best be sent via email or text messages which is really cool. And specially in the covid dominated situations, virtual gift cards can be really useful and safe.
Introduce a sound return policy
Customers are often concerned about returns, especially around Christmas. In many cases the gift might not be preferred by the person. Or a size may not be appropriate.
Customers will definitely want to know if and how they can return those purchased items. To boost this effect even more, you can even look to enrich and extend your returns policy. For example if the return policy is usually 30 days then you can extend this to 60 days and highlight this on the website, maybe in the banner sections.
It will give an extra feeling of assurity to the new customers, knowing that their purchase is safe if any kind of issue occurs.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to display this clearly across your website to maximise interest. According to the statistics, about 87% of people are more likely to shop on a site if it has a free return policy.
Create a sense of Urgency
Placing a countdown to Christmas can be a strong conversion driver on your site. By creating a sense of urgency, people are reminded to stop procrastinating and make their order right away.
This sense of urgency is a trick to push your customers to direct purchase rather than moving around aimlessly. It will also give them the impression that most people are already buying so your preferred product might get out of stock. So do hurry!
Almost double digit conversions have been observed by adding a countdown before key dates.
Similarly, Amazon has a countdown to the last delivery date to ensure that people are aware and to increase the sense of urgency.
Use Christmas & New Year Themes in your Email Marketing
Email marketing still works and it is effective. Especially in this time when Covid has cornered people into their homes and the internet has become the major way of communication, the effectiveness of emails are still very much intact.
When it is Christmas, It is always a great idea to decorate your emails with Christmas themes and colors. It will create a quick connection with the festive moods of the subscriber and the chance of Click through rate will be increased.
Plan ahead and send your offers to the subscribers and make them aware of it. Make sure that the offers are clearly displayed in the email body and subject lines. This will increase the email opening rate. Provide necessary and customised links to the inventory so that the user experience is comfortable.
Work a bit more on your packaging, make it special
Packaging of any product is more important than you think. It certainly makes the product appear more valuable and worthy. And especially when it is a gift item, then the packaging should be up to the mark.
A good packaging will protect the gift from any issues. Brides giving the product a lucrative look, it will do a good branding for your shop, that is for sure. Also nowadays, unboxing itself has become a great experience. So it is always good to be careful on the packaging.
Unique Christmas packaging for your products over Christmas adds a touch of luxury and class. And it can really help create a sense of ‘exclusivity’ around your product.
Reduce delivery Charge, or offer Free Delivery
This can be a comforting gift to the people looking for Christmas shopping. It is likely that they are not buying from your website only. They are buying from different sources and exploring many others. So what are the things that set you apart from others?
Free delivery or a reduced delivery charge can be one of those things that makes you special. Since your customers will be buying a lot of stuff from different sources, a chance to save some extra money will give them a sense of comfort.
The charge of the delivery itself may not be too much. But if you can make it free and display some texts on your banner like ‘Free Delivery Until Christmas’’ then it sounds really big. It will definitely contribute into the buyer’s impulse and urge them to shop before the deadline!
Use in-browser push notifications
The times around Christmas can be a great time to install push notifications on your website. Push notifications provide you a direct line of communication to your subscribers and inform them about the latest deals, discount and what not?
You can talk about a flash sale, store hours, last call for purchases before Christmas, any special deals and so on. But always keep in mind that sending too many notifications can literally annoy your customers. It might result in unsubscribing. So keep it in mind before applying this technique.
Offer some neat Discounts
Keep the discounts as one of the options that will always work. Everyone loves to save some extra amount of money from their purchases if possible. The standard of consumer products are more or less same amonth competattive businesses. So it is usual that the winner will be who is offering with the lowes price tags.
Make the disocunt amount a noticable one if possible. A healthy discount is always more acceptable. Make sure you do enough publicity. Beside newsletter and social media posts, display them nicely on the main banner of the website. Keep it neat so the users already have and idea of the amount of the savings they are going to make even before the purchase.
Team up with another small business
How much do you know about your customers? Are you aware of the problems they face before and after purchasing your product?
For example, if you are selling vinyl records, it is most likely that your customers are also looking for some good pair of headphones, a pair of good speakers or vinyl players may be?
So it will be a great idea to provide them the links to buy these products as well. It will greatly enhance the user experience of your website and the customer will leave as a happy one, knowing that this is the one stop place where they can find all that they need.
Teaming up with other businesses like your will give you a crucial edge. Make sure your partners are also referring to your business in the same way. This is how you open a lot more new windows to get more customers without spending a single penny!
These are some tips and tricks on how you can increase sales in Christmas. I hope you will like these options and find them fruitful. If you have any more ideas then please feel free to share them in the comments. Happy selling!
If you are not sure about what to do, then you can enjoy our Digital Marketing Services in Melbourne Australia. Our Digital marketing Service includes the optimization of all the channels that includes website develoment, social media management, Facebook & Google advertisement, Organic SEO services, customising news letters and many more. The packages are specially designed for small and medium businesses so it is affordable to all!
Feel free to dial or drop a line whenever you want! It will be a pleasure to talk!
email: [email protected]
[Online Prosperity Show] – Vahe Arabian Explains How To Move The Needle With Your Digital Marketing Agency
In this episode, we interview Vahe Arabian, Vahe made the State of Digital Publishing live in 2014 (but actually started working on it in October 2016), to actually try to help himself and other’s like him who are trying to understand the state of play in digital publishing, as the definition, pillars have become complexed with different industries and professions blending this into their job role.
Find out more about Vahe here:- https://www.stateofdigitalpublishing.com/about/
#prosperminute #onlineprosperityshow #ops
[LEARN MORE] https://www.livelongdigital.com.au/20steps
I help coaches, consultants and other service professionals, package, brand, and market their services so they have a business that’s enjoyable and profitable.
Starting a new business is exhilarating. A world of possibility awaits, including the possibilities of incredible success or catastrophic failure. The dichotomy between those two extremes leads many to a purgatory of indecision, making them apprehensive in making the final push to become an entrepreneur. Unfortunately, there is never a perfect time to start a business. No matter how long you wait, you’ll never be experienced enough, you’ll never have enough capital, and you’ll never have zero risk. There’s always a chance that your business will fail, but there’s also always a chance that it will succeed. That being said, while there are no perfect times to start a business, there are good times to start a business. And if you’ve experienced one of these five signs, it could be time for you to finally begin your entrepreneurial journey:
1. YOUR JOB IS NO LONGER FULFILLING. In every job, you’re going to have good days and bad days. Just because you have a few bad days in a row, that doesn’t necessarily mean the only way out is to start your own business. But if, through both good days and bad days, you feel like your job truly isn’t fulfilling, it may be time to consider owning your own business. Typically, people stop feeling fulfilled when they aren’t able to do the work they want to do. Oftentimes, this is because someone else is calling all the shots. If you’re thrilled at the idea of setting your own schedule, delegating your own tasks, and tackling the work you want to tackle, it may be time to pursue entrepreneurship.
2. YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP. Of course, it’s not a good idea to simply jump into business ownership. There are serious risks involved, and only when you understand those risks fully should you consider yourself ready to take the next step. Before you make any major decisions, do some research. You may already be aware of some of the more obvious risks (such as losing your capital investment, losing your current job, running into legal problems, etc.), but you may find more than you thought existed. It’s also helpful to talk to other entrepreneurs in your area—especially the ones who have started a business and failed.
3. YOU HAVE AN IDEA YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT. If you’re thinking about entrepreneurship, you probably already have an idea for a business. Is it one that you aren’t very interested in, but you think it could make a lot of money? Is it one that you’re passionate about, but you aren’t sure of all the details? Believe it or not, the second option is a better sign that you’re ready to start a business. Even if you have a great idea on paper, if you aren’t passionate about it, you aren’t going to be driven to make that idea successful. The most successful entrepreneurs are ones who begin with passion in their hearts, and if you’ve already found yours, you could be ready to begin.
4. YOU HAVE A SUPPORT SYSTEM. Very few entrepreneurs are able to go it alone. While you might be the only person making decisions at the top, you’re going to need friends, family members, and mentors who can guide you through the toughest decisions and be there to pick you up when you inevitably fall. Your spouse, your children, and your friends need to know your desire for entrepreneurship, and even if they’re not sure about it, they need to support you through the process. In some cases, that may mean being ready to pick up additional income should the business not turn out as you expected. In others, that simply means being someone to run decisions by. In any case, having a support system is an important step before you officially pursue the startup life.
5. YOU KNOW WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO YOU. Some people go their whole lives without realizing what’s actually important to them. They may think that being their own boss is what matters to them, but feel unfulfilled when they actually attain that position. Take a critical look at your motivations for becoming an entrepreneur. Are they rooted in perceptions you have about how great entrepreneurship is? Or are they more focused on what you truly want out of life? Only you can make this distinction. Don’t be discouraged if the first few phases of starting your own business don’t turn out to be what you expected. Entrepreneurship is a volatile world, but as long as you stay committed to improving your ideas and continue to work hard, you’ll always have a chance to succeed. Trust yourself. Otherwise, you run the risk of failing before your business even gets off the ground.
And remember, dont stop running towards your dream. There will always be someone out there that has done what you want to do.