If you have an ecommerce business and are wondering why you’re not really seeing a lot of growth. Maybe there is something wrong and you are missing the benefits of ecommerce SEO!
Today in this article we will show you the easy strategy for seo for the ecommerce industry. We will provide the top tasks to start effective ecommerce SEO that you need to grow your business.
We tried to keep it real simple this time. And its a great way to start with!
What is ecommerce SEO?
Are you are thinking of a long term, sustainable business? The advertisement is not the answer. You need a perfect standing in a favorable place of the search engine, and that is free of cost. But at the same time it drives tons of organic traffic to your website.
Ecommerce SEO is the art of driving more organic traffic to your ecommerce website from search engines. If you have more traffic, it means that more people are browsing through your website. This can also lead to more conversions that will favourably impact your bottom line.
Just like typical website SEO, the objective of an ecommerce SEO strategy is to get your business ranking higher on search engines in relation to user queries.
The Easy Ecommerce SEO Strategy to Rank High in Google
There are several ecommerce SEO tasks that you need to initiate to launch this strategy. Lets start with them now!
Conduct a technical SEO audit.
As the first step, start with an SEO audit. Find out the existing SEO issues and fix them before investing your hard work.
Ecommerce SEO, just like SEO in general, is not only about finding the best keywords. You also need to take care of the technical side. These include factors like website loading speed, user experience, responsiveness of the website, usability of the website URLs etc. A good seo audit can reveal all the problems related to:
- Site loading speed: Ensure your website is running smoothly and loading fast because even just a 2-second delay can lead to a substantial abandonment rate.
- User experience: To ensure an overall pleasant user experience, you need to check for a couple of things such as well-designed headlines, superior readability and the wise use of white space and high-quality images.
- Responsiveness of design: Your website should have flexible elements (e.g., layout and images) so that no matter the user’s screen size and orientation, your layout can change accordingly.
- Usability of links: Ensure that all the links you include in your content are functional and lead to the right web page – whether it’s to your product or category pages or to a high-authority website.
Also there are many more stuffs that needs attention. They are cruicial factors. All the websites we see in the googles’s first pages are usually free of these issues.
Conduct thorough keyword research and pick the right keywords.
Keyword research is a non-negotiable item in SEO – whether it’s for a general or ecommerce website. If you don’t know what keywords you should be ranking for, then you’ll essentially be shooting in the dark.
And it’s not just about the keywords, either. You also need to go deep and learn about:
- Keyword difficulty: Also known as ‘SEO difficulty’ or ‘keyword competition,’ this process involves finding out how difficult it is to rank in organic search results on Google by using certain keywords or specific terms.
- Search volume: This refers to the number or quantity of searches on search engines like Google for a particular word or term.
- Buyer or purchase intent: This refers to the readiness of the consumer to buy the products they are searching for. General searches (e.g., best notebooks for accountants) usually mean that the user is still browsing or shopping around. Very specific searches (e.g., ZenBook Pro price) indicate a more advanced stage of buyer intent, somewhat closer to conversion.
There’s actually more than one way to do these researches. And, as an SEO expert in Melbourne, our advice is to use all the tools at your disposal. That involves checking Amazon, conducting competitor research and use specific SEO tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush.
To be honest, keyword research is no longer a simple process since Google has limited the use of their famous keyword planner tool. Nowadays we rely more on professional tools.
If you are not sure about what to do, then you can enjoy the seo services We are an SEO Company who are SEO service providers in Melbourne area and all over Australia. This SEO service for small businesses is specially designed and so it is affordable to all! It includes all the steps including proper keyword research with professional tools.
Implement On-Page SEO for ecommerce websites.
Now that you’ve determined the optimum keywords to use, you need to ensure these are in the right places so Google understands right away what your page is about.
On-page SEO involves optimising your ecommerce category and product pages and your blog content. A well-thought-out on page SEO strategy will not only help improve your website’s ranking. It will also drive more traffic, engage users and increase conversions.
Improving website content, creating seo friendly urls, adding appropriate page title & meta descriptions, inbound & outbound links etc are the many steps that you want to accomplish at the very beginning.
Utilise local SEO if you want more local site traffic.
If you have a physical store or want to focus on increasing local site traffic, there are things you can do to boost your local SEO performance.
- Create a Google My Business Account
- Get Regular Reviews from Happy Customers
- Optimize for Voice Search
- Create Content Based on Local News Stories or Events. …
- Optimize Your Website for Mobile
- Hone in on Local Keywords
- Use Location Pages or a Location-Specific “About Us” Page
- Take Advantage of Online Business Directories
- Get your business more local citations (backlinks), such as in local business directories, local media and press releases.
- Improve your domain authority by getting links from local websites, such as from local bloggers and causes or charities you support.
We are always here to provide you top notch local seo services in Melbourne at a fraction of cost! Cal us anytime: +61-4-5804-6739
Produce high-quality SEO friendly content.
Content marketing is an effective ecommerce SEO strategy that you might not have even considered. Most people are averse to a hard sell. Most prefer to be educated through articles or blog posts and make their purchase decisions based on that.
Producing original, well-written, relevant, and verifiable content gives prospective customers the chance to build their trust in your brand. It also provides you plenty of opportunities to maximise keyword use and build backlinks.
These steps will help your website rank higher in google. And your potential customers will be able to find you 24/7 regardless of their location.
Off page SEO
And there are all thos off page SEO tasks of course. We will cover them in some other posts soon. Off Page SEO along with the mentioned tasks will make a killer strategy. Moz has an excellen article on Off Page SEO tasks which pretty much covers everything: https://moz.com/learn/seo/off-site-seo
Bonus Outcome of Ecommerce SEO:
Enhanced user experience of the website
Beside enhancing the ranking of your website, Ecommerce SEO will definitely increase the quality of the user experience that your website offers. Users will look for a website with good loading speed, properly optimised images, good user friendly links and informative content. Ecommerce SEO will ensure that all of these elements are present in your website.
Ultimately, the end goal is to ensure users enjoy their time on your ecommerce site so they’ll keep shopping and coming back. You’ll also be growing your business in the process.
However, if you are not sure about what to do then you can rely on us. You can enjoy the cheap SEO solution that we are providing in the Melbourne area and all over Australia. This SEO service for small business is specially designed and so it is affordable to all!
Feel free to dial or drop a line whenever you want! It will be a pleasure to talk!
email: [email protected]