SEO is crucial for every organisation that aims to gain popularity in search engines. That includes non profits too. This is why SEO for Non-Profit Organisations is such an important topic.
As non-profits cannot rely on paid advertisements or traditional marketing campaigns. SEO is a cost-effective method to attract website traffic.
Particularly with COVID-19 and the new normal, online presence has skyrocketed.
So, with a good ranking in SEO, your organization will definitely reach the next level.
Although, SEO requires a lot of work. It is less expensive than other forms of marketing.
How Does SEO Work?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. It is a set of methods and techniques used for improving your website ranking in google SERP or search engine result page. This helps search engines to easily track, index, and rank a website.
SEO increases visitors to a website through optimisation of various keywords.
Because, the higher a site ranks in search results, the higher the probability a user will visit that site.
As it is common for Internet users to not click through many pages. Ranking becomes a critical aspect for increasing traffic to the site.
And SEO helps to do this by improving a website’s chances of being found on search results.
Why SEO for Non-Profit Organisations Is Important?
With the arrival of the coronavirus pandemic, people are shifting towards online donations. And with good Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) ranking, donors are likely to find you more reliable.
Some benefits of SEO for Non-Profit Organisations:
- Remain Competitive: Even if you’re a small charity competing against limited donations, SEO fundraising can make a difference. With the right keywords, SEO will ensure that your website appears frequently on the search pages.
- Donors Can Find You Easily: Try to optimise your website with appropriate keywords. And make sure to include an easy to follow donation process. And this will help people find you and make quick donations. Thus, increasing your chances of receiving more charity.
- More Awareness: SEO increases the visibility of your business. Besides, it helps to draw high-quality traffic to your site. Also organisations whose mission, work, and stories are beneficial to the communities they serve are likely to engage in more donations.
- Builds Network: Optimising your sign-up pages will help potential supporters find you easily. You can include newsletters, events, or volunteer opportunities on the site. As a result, your organisation will slowly, but surely grow its network.
- Gets Local Attention: SEO is a great way for nonprofits to appear in search results of a specified area. Through which they can provide more service nearby the searchers’ location. This can help leverage your nonprofit organisation to gain local traffic.
List of tasks to do SEO for Non-profit Organisations
Particular SEO tactics are especially important for non-profit organizations. We’ve noted down a few that might help your organisation:
- SEO Audit
The first step is to know about the shortcomings of your website interms of SEO. Does your website lack something which is an important ranking factor? Are the web pages SEO friendly? How fast the website loads in customers browser? Am blocking the google bots from crawling my website?
There is one solution to all of these questions. That is conducting a complete SEO audit. You can do it easily with our Free SEO checking tool online No registration required. Click here
- Keyword Research
The second step is keyword research. Keywords are words or phrases that summarises a website’s topic. When a surfer types a known keyword into a search engine, the engine returns with a list of related sites.
The presence of search terms or keywords within a site’s meta tags, image tags and content determines its ranking. Using tools to identify keywords will help reach potential donors easily. Thus increasing the chance of getting more charity.
Make sure you are putting the right keywords in your content multiple times. This shows Google that your content is relevant to the search phrase. SEO copywriting will help you with including search engine friendly terms in your copies. That will increase the chance of your visibilty in search engine.
Focus on these while writing your content:
- Meta Tags: Meta tags identify a web site’s title, description, and keywords. Also Meta tags are critical to the search engines’ understanding of a site’s content.
- Title Tags: Title tags give the title of a Web page. Title tags should be a maximum of six words long, and the primary keyword must be in the title. The closer the primary keyword is to the beginning of the title, the stronger the association. So be sure to utilise it properly.
- Description Tags: The description tag informs search engines of your content. The primary keywords should be included in the description of the page as close to the start as possible. Description tags allow 200 characters of text.
Every Non-profit organisations have stories, a mission, reasons to exist. Storytelling has become a very effective marketing techniques. You can use those stories to create awesome content. Start by explaining what you are doing and why. Just remember to optimise your content with relevant keywords.
Sharing of content is an important part of SEO. Even great content won’t mean anything if you don’t have traffic to promote it. Adding a share button to your content will help others share it more often.
Social Media has a big role to play. Usually non-profit posts are appreciated by the users. If you can properly handle the Social Media Marketing, it will give a big boost to your SEO efforts.
Another important SEO strategy is building backlinks. This is the element that mostly affects off-page SEO and is the most difficult at times.
And you can do this! Start by asking local newspapers to link back to your site whenever they mention you in the news. This will help build credibility, and attract more traffic.
Additionally, you can ask other organisations to link back to your site when they work with you. This will help build organic traffic to your site.
Mobile Site Optimisation
Indeed smartphone usage has surged over the last few years. Nowadays, many people choose to surf the web from their smartphones these days.
So your organisation must ensure that mobile content is responsive. Pages that are not responsive tend to get skipped over.
Also you can utilise tools like Google Mobile-Friendly Test and Pingdom to test site speed. And this will help analyse your site and take appropriate actions.
But before anything, fix the website issues. Make sure your website is properly set up for the best user experience. This is a big ranking factor, repeatedly mentioned by Google officials.
To colclude, SEO for non-profits is not that different from other businesses. It should be a vital aspect of all non-profits to include SEO in their online marketing strategy. With great SEO tactics, you will appear higher in SERPs, resulting in more traffic.
Also Non-profit organisations should not have difficulty coming up with content ideas. And focusing on good content will help enhance your online visibility. This in turn will help generate more donors for your organisation.
However, if you are not sure about what to do then you can rely on us. You can enjoy the cheap SEO solution that we are providing in the Melbourne area and all over Australia. This SEO service for small business is specially designed and so it is affordable to all!
Feel free to dial or drop a line whenever you want! It will be a pleasure to talk!
email: [email protected]