Running a small business can be incredibly fulfilling or extremely tricky. It depends on how determined you are.
As smaller businesses have less budget and resources, things usually don’t go that smoothly for them.
However, with the appropriate execution of SEO tactics, your business will become more successful. And according to a BrightEdge study, organic search accounts for 40% of total revenues.
With SEO for small business, you can reach your audience easily and promote your products or services effectively.
In short, with a little bit of SEO magic, your small business can rise to the moon. So if you would like to spice up your SEO, follow these tips.
SEO For Small Business: The Tips That You Need
Start with choosing the keywords you wish to rank well for. I suggest starting with 3-5 main keywords. And ensure that you include long-tail keywords (phrases that are very specific to your niche). You can use these tips during the keyword research:
Find Out What Your Customers Want
Try finding out what terms people use to look for your products. If you can identify the words correctly, you’ll sell your product like hotcakes.
Focus on Key Phrases
Don’t just sprinkle keywords in the meta tags and believe you can rank high. If you have a web page that provides solid information directly related to the search term, then any user who finds this will be satisfied. So focus on key phrases targeting your audience.
Don’t Stuff Your Keywords
Never stuff keywords into your copy as this lowers your search engine ranking. If you discuss a key phrase in the copy, make sure to include it in the title tag, the descriptions tag, the headlines, and the page/post URL.
Mobile Optimization of Website
Keep in mind that a website designed to be user-friendly will increase organic traffic and sharing of your pages. Since 80% of internet users now have smartphones, you should focus on your mobile websites too. it is a major factor regarding SEO for small business.
For starters, Pingdom can be used to check the page layout and speed of your site. Use it wisely. You don’t want your customers leaving your site after having difficulty navigating on a smartphone, do you?
Build Relevant Backlinks
Backlinks are links on a website that take users from one page to the next. This is important because search engines use it to categorize and rank content. Backlinks are very useful to develop your SEO for small business.
You should aim to get backlinks from multiple sources. In addition to your website, search engines consider the sites that link to it as well.
Depending on a variety of factors, each linking will also add a certain number of points to your site.
But don’t overdo it. Since building many links at once could be considered spam by search engines.
Engage Local Consumers with Local SEO
Additionally, you need to pay attention to potential buyers in your locality. And with the right execution of SEO targeting, your business will boom in the area. Try figuring out keywords that are relevant to your locality during optimization.
Read our guide on Local SEO for small business: How to do Local SEO for your business
SEO copywriting is the practice of creating keyword-optimized content that appeals to both search engine algorithms and human users. Sound copywriting will give a big support to your strategies regarding SEO for small business.
So your website should ensure that it is updated to the ever-changing algorithm of search engines. Furthermore, focus on writing clearly so that audience can understand and enjoy your site’s content.
And make sure your consumers find useful content on your website so they can stick around. This helps increase the average time a user stays on your website. Additionally, it also increases the potential for visitors to your site.
Content marketing relies on writing blog posts that educate and engage your audience, targeting specific keywords. Depending on what kind of business you run, this could be a vital element in your marketing strategy.
This isn’t to say you should stuff your content with keywords. Rather, it involves learning how search engines work. The engines usually examine the content of the page and categorize it accordingly.
And as search engines value quality when reviewing content. Try to focus on creating content that your specific target audience will enjoy reading and find helpful.
Conduct an SEO Audit
Getting your small business up and running involves completing a basic SEO audit. The goal of SEO audits is to find out what impacts your website ranking on the SERPs. These factors include both on- and off-page SEO, along with technical SEO performance. The SEO audit will reveal:
- Technical SEO errors
- Structure problems
- On- and Off-page SEO issues
- User experience issues
- Gaps and opportunities
- Market insights
However, keep in mind that your SEO strategy won’t be perfect the first go. And to get a good strategy, you have to analyze how your website does in terms of SEO. Try using the tools listed below to help in optimizing your SEO.
You can get a Free SEO audit using our audit tool from here: Get a Free SEO Audit
SEO Benefits for Small Businesses
You might be wondering why you need to put in all that work. Well, here are some of the benefits of SEO for your small business:
- For starters, SEO can increase your site’s visibility in search engines, thereby attracting more customers.
- Although SEO is a bit tricky to master, it is relatively easy to implement. And most importantly, it delivers impressive results.
- SEO-optimized sites are faster which boosts the chances of converting visitors into buyers.
- Most importantly, you need SEO to stand out and give a good fight to your competitors, or maybe even have the upper hand.
Some SEO Tools That You Can Use
To make your life easier, we’ve listed out some tools that you can use to enhance your SEO:
- Ahrefs is an SEO analysis tool that is popular among Digital marketers, content marketers, copywriters, and SEO experts. It has an extensive database that is updated regularly. This is ideal for backlink analysis. It’s versatile and one of the renowned tools for professional SEO.
- SEMRush helps you with keyword research, SEO audits, backlink building, and so on. One of its most useful features is the Domain Vs Domain analysis where you can easily compare your website with your competitors.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider displays broken links, titles, meta descriptions, URLs, and much more. So be sure to give it a shot.
- Google Search Console provides diagnostic information about your site and helps pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Ubersuggest is a powerful keyword research tool that helps you discover relevant keywords.
- Answer the Public uses keyword search data to provide frequently asked questions using where, which, whom, what, when, and why prefixes. You can use this to identify prospective customers.
- SpyFu can assist you in determining how many times a certain keyword has been searched monthly and its ranking. It also allows you to research competitors, how many organic keywords they have, their clicks per month, and much more.
- Woorank lets you track and report your marketing data. It will also help you figure out who your competitors are and what their targeted keywords are (cool, right?). It also assists you in correcting errors in your website and helps you find duplicate content and patch security issues.
In short, using proper SEO tactics will boost your website’s ranking and build your online presence. In turn, you will generate more organic traffic, attract more visitors and ultimately gain more loyal customers.
Most importantly it’s also very cheap. However, knowing the right tactics to use can be a tad bit difficult to master. But, once you do, it won’t be long before your business rises to the top.
However, if you are not sure about what to do then you can rely on us. You can enjoy cheap SEO solutions from us in the Melbourne area and all over Australia. This SEO service for small businesses is specially designed. Thus, it is affordable to all!
Feel free to dial or drop a line whenever you want! It will be a pleasure to talk!
email: [email protected]